Awake Angry and Appalled!

Awake, angry, appalled and arising is a perfect description of my feelings this morning. And those of you who know me, know that this description really does go against my personality. So let me explain myself. (This blog is a little long, but worth the read.)

In spite of my phobia of technology, this year I became a 'blackberry carrying citizen'. I don't usually carry it in a holster on my hip, but it is usually not far from me. One of the benefits of my blackberry is that I can get my emails instantly. And just because I can, I have developed the habit of checking my emails first thing every morning. This morning, the minute I awoke, I became angry and appalled, and decided to arise and tell you about it. I believe that if you are a true American, this news ought to cause you to also awake, be angry and appalled and arise to do whatever you can do to declare the word of the Lord. And let me remind you we do 'declare the word of the Lord' through our lifestyle, however, if we listen, there are times that He will direct us to stand up and speak, write, and publish!

Allow me to quote part of the email I awoke to this morning:

Our President Obama has declared June, 2009 as "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month". I am not "proud" in any way of this sin in our land. As a ministry friend has stated "There is nothing gay about being host to a sodomite spirit"! We are a Nation founded upon Judeo - Christian principles. We are a Christian Nation "if" we stand and declare Christ and His Word without compromise. Joshua famously stated "as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord".

I am encouraging each of you to proclaim from your pulpits that as Christians, we are not in agreement with the above proclamation. To repent, to apply the blood of Christ to your life, family, and property, declaring release from this proclamation (even though we are citizens of America) for our personal land and property. We are in this world, but not of it! Also, encourage men and women -as voting, tax paying citizens - (not in the name of Christ as it puts you in a box that is to often ignored) to contact their own congressmen or women and personally express displeasure with the proclamation.

If we don't arise, who will? If we don't speak truth, who will? Isaiah 40:9 "Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, lift up our voice mightily ---- lift it up, do not fear, say -- Here is your God" We do have good news to release - the blood of Christ will cleanse us of all unrighteousness, and the grace of God has appeared and will / can teach us what is right and what is wrong! Don't be afraid to speak truth concerning these life and death releasing issues!

Ezekiel 22:30 " I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found none". Be the man / woman God is looking for. Build a wall of righteousness, make a separation between life and death, and then take a stand praying for the unrighteous, redeem your land, and fight for America and your descendants! Sam Pratt, Pastor

As a very young children, we memorized the months of the year. June has always represented the month of summer, swimming, picnics, and the month of WEDDINGS!

I am a Christian, and an American, and I am opposed, in direct opposition, to this 'presidential declaration'. I I hope that each of you will awake, be angry, (sin not), be appalled, and arise to do as the Lord directs you!

 



Comments

RB said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
RB said…
I find it a bit strange to validate people based on who they want to have sex with.

Popular Posts