Amazing Women

Do you know any? I am sure you do. It just may take a moment or two to stop and think about who they were, or are, in your life. And what makes them so amazing? Is it the way they live? What they laugh at? Or perhaps just how they love?

I can think of several amazing women that I have had the privilege of walking or working with, and sharing lunch or stories. Sylvia, Sharon, Eunice, Esther, Vickie, Charissa, Linda, Laura, Debbie, Barbara, Claudia...and so many many more.

We just finished our Arising to Excellence Ministries Amazing Women women's gathering in Grapevine, Texas. It was the first one for 2010, and it was fabulous. We looked into the Word to see what made those women so amazing. My dearest friend, Vickie, my 'Ruth' shared some nuggets about entering into His rest instead of our own. She has been such an amazing woman...friend, sister, and encourager to me.

I asked my daughter to share a few words. Of course her response was "I'm not amazing." But being the single mom of three, overcoming cancer, role model that she is, I begged her with tears. She came and shared mid day on Saturday, and moved everyone of us to tears with her analogy of being in a seemingly waterless place, and realizing that we might just have to poke a cactus in the desert, but God will always provide! She has her daddy's personality, but I was so blessed when on the way home (he had been doing sound for us), he said, "You can sure tell that she's her mother's daughter!" Yes, thank you Lord, for this amazing woman, my daughter and my friend!

I shared the other sessions: "What Makes Me so Amazing?", "Where They Live", "When They Laugh", and "How They Love". God was good to us. Restoring us, refreshing us and filling us again.

You don't want to miss the next "Amazing Women -2010".  We could soon be in an near you.  If you are anywhere near Schoharie, NY on April 23 and 24, come join us: Amazing Women. Where They Live, When They Laugh, and How They Love.  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=366742761964





Comments

Popular Posts