Needing Miracles?


Today I'm praying for miracles.  You see, I know One who works miracles. Today, I was reminded by a friend who needs a miracle that we often "have not, because we ask not." So today, I'm asking.
Today I'm thinking about how often I have neglected to ask, and of course my mind fills with reasons why I don't. But they are such lame excuses. The list is ridiculous.  Believe it or not, one thing on the list is that "it seems impossible."

Wait just a minute!  That means that I need a miracle.  That's right, and I know the One who works miracles!

Isn't it time we take our minds captive?  I mean all the thoughts, doubting, condemnation, regretting, lamenting, pity partying and all that hinders our belief. That's right, He is the same God today as He always has been...and I belief He can do it again!"

What do you need?  Perhaps the first step is to take your mind captive.  That reminds me of a quote from my book, Of God and Genders.

"In Acts 12:6-8, when Peter was in prison, he was told to dress himself, or put on his mantle and follow Him! Let me remind you that Peter was in prison, in chains and well- guarded. I am sure he could have looked around and thought, “Why should I (or how could I) put on my mantle and my sandals when I still have chains around my ankles and that armed guard is still staring me in the face?" But at some point he must have realized in his that in his heart, the process of life was tying him up and his focus on that was hindering him from putting on what prepares and protects. So in spite of the odds, the chains, the bars, and the guards, he took his mind captive (tied up the hindering thoughts) and put on his sandals and his mantle, in obedience to the command of the Angel of the Lord. And while his known world rocked, literally, he walked out of his prison!"

The 2nd miracle was that he walked out of the prison.  But the first miracle must have been that God given strength to tie up his thoughts long enough to to take his mind captive, focus on Jesus, and follow commands outside of his own ability. 

In that very real prison, he must have had those thoughts. Thank you God, for giving me the strength today to take my mind captive.

"Of God and Genders", Susan Chapman Brown
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and www. arisingtoexcellence.org

Comments

Popular Posts