Splendor Reflected

From tumbling waterfalls, moss coated forests, beautiful San Juan Islands, bustling Vancouver city, glazier covered mountain tops, the deep blue ocean, restaurants on the bay, small town boutiques, and oh, did I mention unbelievable sunsets over the waters?...I have now returned to my desk. Yes, just my desk. No flowery adjectives, except that it is mine. It is hard to believe that we crammed all that and more in between the 4th and the 8th. But it was magnificent! My mind just kept trying to process: God you are amazing! And, I have been sooooo blessed to see all this!

We got several of these beautiful reflection shots, (above) which seemed to change by the moment...with every little breeze on the water, and every moment of setting sun, more of the reflection of His beauty could be seen.

On the way up Mt. Baker, we stopped by this 'little' mighty rushing stream. (I cannot operate putting in these pictures and so I am struggling to arrange this as I'd like, but perhaps somehow, someday we can share my pictures.
(I am afraid my husband was tired of me seeing just ONE more thing I wanted to have a picture of.) But standing next to this mighty rushing water...I wanted to stand sooo still and try to capture the mighty sound, the scent, the picture and all the analogies shooting through me. I could not take enough shots.

We went to the same restaurant on the harbor, had the same waitress, and got the same table, as we did 5 years ago on our anniversary. But enjoyed ANOTHER beautiful sunset. They are never the same. And even though our God never changes...He is also new every morning...from the rising of the sun to its setting!

It is hard to believe that He can bring beauty out of the mire. Thank you, Lord! My life is forever in your hands!

Perhaps more pictures in a few days!
The earth declares the beauty of the Lord. Enjoy Him.








Comments

TrashTidBits said…
Great pictures. Can't wait to see more. I saw some kayaking spots in your pictures. Perhaps Nancy and I can go to these places on our next kayaking adventure.

Popular Posts