I Know Who Hung the Moon

My Proverbs chapter for the day was chapter 3. I don't read through Proverbs every month, like some, but at different seasons in life I just decide to read through Proverbs again. Today, I struggled to get through chapter 3. Oh, I read it all, but I couldn't get my heart past verse 8. Each word of those first few verses seemed to hammer me (in a good way) with affirmation. So often I struggle with finding enough time to accomplish what I need to do. And right here in the beginning of this chapter we are promised, not extra minutes, but length of days and years and abundant welfare if we do not forget His teachings! Wow! You want to know how to lengthen your day, or be sure to get the full length out of it? Remember His teaching!
Once I got past that Wow, I stopped again at verse 5: "...do not rely on your own understanding". This one was big for me this morning. We all know this. We all try to act upon it. But most likely, we all still find ourselves saying: "But Lord, I don't understand..." This morning I felt His presence, and heard Him whisper, "I know. But I do. And you can trust me."
Then in His fearful, awesome presence, I moved to verse 7-8 and found healing for my flesh and refreshment for my bones. What a mighty God we serve!
Last week, when we told our grandchildren that their mommy had a brain tumor, we all struggled to make it through the rest of the evening and face bedtime. After dinner and baths at my house (Charissa was still at NIH) we headed back to their home to sleep. At the stop sign, in the clear sky, right in front of us, the full moon hung as if you could reach out and touch it. I ask the grandchildren if they knew that our God was so big that he could hang that giant moon (all by itself with no support) way far out in space, and yet make it that we could see it right here. They assured me that they understood that. "And did you know," I asked, "that same big God is the one who will take care of and heal your mommy?" What blessed peace knowing Him brings. We may not understand (be able to explain the process) of how the moon hangs there, but we know who hung it! We know Him! And He knows us, right where we are, right now!

"Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses. He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from destruction." Ps. 107:19-20


Comments

nymrsb said…
Isn't it good we know the One who does have all the answers!
Sue
TrashTidBits said…
Proverbs 3 is one of my favorites. Our spiritual mom at CFC recited verses 5-6 to me everytime she saw me when I first got saved. There is such peace in trusting the Lord and not leaning on our own understanding.
Anonymous said…
Continuing to pray for your needs!
Anonymous said…
You and Clarissa and the family are in my prayers every single morning. And, you know what? Proverbs 3:3-8 is where He has been leading me when I have been praying.
God is so BIG, so AWESOME, so POWERFUL and TRUE that this illness is but a blip on His radar. His Plan is not only Perfect, it is full of mercy and love for your family.
I will pray without ceasing!
Love,
Michele
Anonymous said…
I am continuing to pray for you all every day. When proverbs is mentioned, I envsion the many times that has been spoken to me or I have read it or it has been on t.v. or whatever, and the timing is always when I need to hear it. We surely cannot lean on our own understanding because then emotions come in and they are so fickle at times and can take us out of focus for what God is saying to us.
Our awesome Lord directs our paths, makes them straight when they have gone a little crooked.
Trials strengthen us and we fall deeper in love with Him through these times and learn more about Him. I suspect during this time you all have learned so much more about who He is, what He says and what He is doing and what He will do. Praise God. Bless you all this wonderful day the Lord has made. Thinking of you so often. I am not the best contact person, but know that there is not a day when you are not in my prayers and thoughts. Always, bonnie b

Popular Posts