He knows my Name

Today was a rough day. I don't need to go into the reasons. It just was. It seems like one thing led to another...starting off with one and one half hours on the phone to figure out a phone plan ...not my idea of a good start anyway. Then one thing led to another...time ticked on and my strength trickled out just as quickly. When Laura called to asked if I had had lunch, I suddenly realized that I not only had not had lunch, but I had not had breakfast or coffee yet either. Being the responsible armor bearer that she is, she immediately said, "I'm picking you up for lunch."
Lunch, coffee, sitting in the beautiful fall sunshine, and a little writing began to turn my day around. We finished homework with the grandkids (it was my day), and headed back to my house to get dinner. As we pulled in front of my house, Laura exclaimed, "Look, Sue. You are on the map."
Right! I thought. And then I looked. I saw it! As clear as could be, 'Sue' was printed right in the middle of Ms. Weasel's screen. Sue...right between 'right on Sonnet' and 'left on Choteau'. 'Sue'. There it was.
"She knows my name," I heard myself say. "Ms Weasel knows my name."
And at that precise minute...instantly, I heard my Lord say, "No. But I know your name. I know who you are. And I know that you are mine. And in the scope of eternity, that knowlege washes away the all the troubles of your day."
O LORD, you have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from far away.
You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
O LORD, you know it completely.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is so high that I cannot attain it.
Psalms 139:1-6

Comments

TrashTidBits said…
I'm glad that God used Ms. Weasel to remind you of who you are in His sight.

It was a wonderful afternoon. Let's do it again sometime soon.
Anonymous said…
Sue, glad to hear that you and Ms. Weasle are getting along better. :) I am continuing to pray for Charissa and I am so happy to hear God's peace in your writing.
Anonymous said…
Sue, I haven't officially met you, but I was able to pray for your daughter at Bonnie Bourcier's home with Bonnie, Laura and Michele . I love this Psalm and know it well, as I have it sitting right in front of me beside my computer screen. Such comfort, grace and peace overcomes me everytime I read it. I have been through many, many trials in life and HE has always, always been with me through all of it, overseeing, guiding and caring for me. Please know that I am praying for your daughter Charissa and family.
Blessings, Nancy C.

Popular Posts