Simply...be Ye Kind


My phone announces a specific tone every morning at exactly 7 o'clock, announcing the verse for the day. This morning, Joshua 1:8 was on the screen: This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do it..." It seemed to be right in line with my dream-thoughts all night.
 While I slept last night, my thoughts seemed to be shouting: How shall we live? When it seems that everything that could go wrong does, and every little bump in the road attempts to rattle you with earthquake force, "How shall we live?" I mean how shall "we" live? We, being those who know Christ, His love, His hope, His very "soon-coming-again-promise...How shall WE live? How can we maintain, and shine with the ever-drawing light of the Gospel, in times like these?  Deep in slumber, I could feel the puzzle lines on my forehead as I sought to bounce back and forth, asking myself a question and then answering myself.
WE must live by the Word! This book of the law, shall not depart…
Simply. Break it down, Susan. Where do we start? 
Love.  They will know us by our love.  His love in us! Love is patient.  Love is Kind…the dream bunny-trail starts:  We must be kind to one another, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ, forgave you…(Eph. 4:32) And the Lord’s slave must not engage in heated disputes, but be kind toward all…(II Tim. 2:24)…the teaching of kindness is on her tongue (Prov. 31:26).
And I know how easy to forget, when we are being hit by everything financial, parental, critical, physical, political, medical, monumental, judgmental, or just plain mental torment of the day!
Soooo glad it is a new day.  So glad He is new every morning.  So glad we can start afresh…Simply…
being kind one to another, forgiving, loving, and keeping kindness on our tongue.
Susanchapmanbrown
Arisingtoexcellence.org

Comments

Popular Posts