Delayed but Never Late

I wish that I could say that about myself. Delayed but never late. However, I have arrived late, a time or two, or three or four, or many more, because I was delayed. Not to say that it has always been my fault and not to say that it has never been my fault. I just would like to be able to say that my delays have not made me late.
I got to thinking about this the other day when I got a message on my Blackberry that my sent message would be delayed for "two days before it will be delivered". What? Was cyberspace so overloaded that my one little message could not be sent? Was the would be receiver of my message on an 'out of the universe vacation' for just a few days? Or was I just randomly picked to be held back?
Did you ever feel like that? Like you had been randomly picked to be held back? If you are reading this silently or alone, you can go ahead and answer that question. I am sure that if we were all honest, we have all felt that way at times. There are hours, days, and seasons in our lives when it just seems like 'things' just aren't going our way, or 'something' just came our way that hit like a ton of bricks and delayed us big time! Whether for an appointment or an accomplishment, delays are part of everyday life and in the hard times can even seem to hold us captive.
However, time is never delayed. It just marches on. It is hard for me to believe that it is November already. Where has this year gone? Time moves so quickly these days that the story of Rip Van Winkle can seem more like a biography than a fairy tale.(Now, I must be careful or I'll be on a bunny trail or weasel route, and writing about another topic altogether.)
Yes, time marches on. And November is well into its first lap. Since this is the season of Thanksgiving, and in our culture, everything around us trys to jump from Halloween to Christmas in one giant leap, I have decided to make a conscious effort everyday this month to specifically find something to be thankful for. So without delay (I had to put that in there), I got up this morning thinking about this: I am so thankful that my Lord is never delayed!
I am bringing my righteousness near,
it is not far away;
and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
my splendor to Israel.
Is. 46:12-13
Now, while I am very sorry that my blogging is often delayed, our Lord, is always on time. Even when it seems that my inner clock screams with immediate needs, and seemingly needless and random delays, I know that God is in control, not sleeping, and will come through for me in time. Right on time! His perfect time.
Rejoice, your salvation cometh...right on time...everytime...just when you need Him most! Today, where I live, I am so thankful that my God is never late.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So very often I have felt God's hand on my forward rushing body, pulling me back, saying, "Slow down, stay near."
God's way and knowledge is just perfect every single time!
Michele

Popular Posts