Random Thoughts and Scooter Dusting

It is Sunday morning. Oh, how I miss worship with the saints. It is so hard to believe that this is the 3rd Sunday in a row that I have missed.

Just 3 days before my fall, my 9 yr. old grandson told me about a dream that he had had where a "random man" had just appeared. I'm quoting him. I won't tell you the dream right now, but I do believe that it is one of those where God is speaking peace to us. However, I was intriqued by my grandson's use of the word random.

–adjective
1.
proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers.


My last blog was posted on the 7th. As I reread it this morning, I am amazed how God was speaking to me about being delayed. And yes, I do feel that I am being delayed. But I have a sweet new peace knowing that in God, nothing is random...without aim or purpose...and even out of this He will reveal His goodness.

For those of you who don't know: On Sat. the 8th of November, I stepped off a 4" step, fell, broke my leg in three places. Went through surgery on the 9th to have a steel rod and screws placed in my leg. Needless to say...I am delayed.

Laying in bed, with one's leg stuck straight up in the air is a position which produces random thoughts:

  • I am so thankful for the prayers of the saints...it seems when I go to pray, I sleep.
  • I am so thankful for my husband, who has served me endlessly, lovingly...as if he had nothing else to do.
  • I soooo wish I could just get up and do one thing for him....
  • How in the world am I going to make apple pies for Thanksgiving?
  • Looking out the window, I can see where I fell...there is no way that little fall could have affected my life, our household so severely....
  • Oh Lord, guide my steps...physically, spiritually....to bring you glory!
  • How I wish I could serve my daughter in her struggles right now.
  • Reveal yourself, Lord, to my grandson who was with me and saw my mangled leg.
  • Every day, the ceiling fan above my bed thickens with dust...perhaps at a rate as high as 1/4 inch this week. (I can't tell...my vision is clouded on these drugs.)
  • My times are in your hands, Oh Lord.
  • You said, Lord, to occupy until you come. Occupy means to possess, hold, and fight, if necessary, to keep your ground. I may be down, but I am not out. I will continue to fight.
  • Perhaps tomorrow I can get something done..........
  • How could this happen?
  • Why would this happen?
  • Should I tell my husband I prefer my applesauce warm??
  • My body is sore from doing nothing.
  • Forgive me for the times that I wished I had nothing to do.
  • Face it Susan, life can go on without you.
  • I don't want to wake my husband up to ask for a cracker...but I am so hungry...
  • What would happen, If I just got up and started walking?
  • But for the mercy of God....Did you ever feel like you were left to the mercy of the storm? When you are His, you are always left to His mercy...not the mercy of the storm. What love! What magnificent love!
  • My protective husband let me help with the housework yesterday. Scooter dusting!!! Who would have thought? Maybe it's fodder for a new article? Forget technology for saving time...How about "SportChores"? Although, I must practice, (twice I got myself dusting in a corner that I could not back the scooter out of) this could be a future wave. It was almost like being on the Flintstones.But instead of calling out "Fred..." I'm calling "Paul...honey...?"
  • Back to bed...leg up...ice...ahhh...sleep.
  • There must be something I can do....tomorrow....

Comments

TrashTidBits said…
It is good to see you back writing. Perhaps you could write some more tomorrow. Can you also teach me how to do scooter dusting? Sounds interesting...perhaps there is a message in this new little chore of yours. See you soon. Love ya.
Anonymous said…
We love you, Sue! Glad to hear you are enjoying the applesauce! Emily likes hers warm too! I am sure Laura would love to make your apple pies for you! :) I will be sure to tell her to add it to the menu. Blessings to you, Paul, Charissa and the children. You all are in our prayers. Praying you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving together.

Jodelle
Anonymous said…
I too am happy to see you writing again. You have marvelous insights and a great sense of humor, considering the circumstances.

"When you are tempted to wish you were in more favorable circumstances so that you might better glorify God consider this...
A fish of the sea might say 'How I would display the widsdom of God if I could sing or mount a tree like a bird!' But a dolphin in a tree would be a very grotesque affair, and there would be no wisdom of God to admire a trout singing in the groves. But when the fish cuts the wave with agile fin, it is adapting wonderfully to its habitat. Its every bone is fitted for the circumstances in which it finds itself."---Charles Spurgeon

This bloom where you are planted type story demonstrates that even though you are in an unusual situation that seems foreign and strange and certainly inconvenient, you can use this place to glorify God, especially through that incredible gift for writing that God has given you!

I am praying for you daily!

Love,
Michele
I understand your dilemma, having been laid up a few years ago with achilles tendon surgery. I did find the time profitable. In God, all things are redeemed. Amazing, isn't it? I pray for you especially because your daughter seemingly needs you, and yet here you are, unable.

May His provision to her be abundant, His peace to you both overwhelm the turmoil of soul, and healing balm touch every physical need that you both experience. Amen.

Popular Posts