Royal Flush



No, I do not play poker! I have never player poker, and have no desire to learn. However, a close friend of mine likes to insist that since I gave an article in my book "Designed for Destiny, A Women's TeaVotional" a title including the words "Royal Flush" I must have a secret 'poker past' somewhere deep in my closet. Let me just tell you right up front, don't dig. It isn't there. I have played cards like Rook and Old Maid. I've seen enough to realize the importance of letters in the corners like J,Q,K, and A. But until I wrote the article Royal Flush, Flourish, and Finish, I did not know just how important they were when you had them in your hand with a 10. My husband gave me a quick understanding by telling me that it was the best hand you could have and no one could beat it.




I have played a little Yatzee with my kids and my grandkids. I know about the 'Full House' roll in Yatzee. I am telling you this to say that I am kind of hanging somewhere in the balances of a royal flush and a full house at my house right now. It is a good hand, a decent roll, I'm doing o.k...and it gives me a kind of excuse/apology for writing so spasmatically on my blog.




Things have been a little on the overload side for a while. My own household has gone through its daily struggles...broken fridge, leaking washer, sickness, stress, etc, and then I have begun to go out to speak again, and I am still writing monthly for Heartbeat, an online magazine (my column is called Gleanings for Legacy) and am still working on two books, have just finished another small book and sent it to the printer, and Laura continually tries to squeeze a few lines out of me for Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes my blog just gets left in the fog.




Hopefully you can understand and are enjoying the magazine articles.




My word of encouragement for the day comes from Exodus 9:4. It says that the Lord 'made a distinction that day', between the cattle of the Egyptians and the cattle of the people of Israel. Yes! I still believe that in all the doom and destruction we see around us, our God has made a distinction between those who are not His people and those who are. And that His eye is ever upon us and His plan is for good and not for evil!




"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; thou holdest my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage." Ps. 16:5-6




Comments

Popular Posts