Quotable Quotes

I'm still decorating. Rounding the corner on both jobs. Nearly done. But not quite.

I was in a little shop, reading signs the other day and I came upon two well-worth quoting quotes. The 'people' quoted do not seem to be very important. We do not even have their last names. But what they each say has probably made an impact all all of our lives. (Which, on a side note, should make us think twice about what we say. You never know when someone may be quoting you!)

The first sign that impressed me was:
There is no place like home.
Dorothy
Now I am sure that is something we have all said many times, and may not even have realized we were quoting someone.

The 2nd quote that I read:
One shoe can change your life.
Cinderella
I love it! And it is so true. Think about it. Selah! One shoe...two small, too big, too flat, too high. One shoe with a pebble in the toe, a torn buckle, even the wrong color!!! One shoe can change your life. One shoe can cause you to walk with a limp, get a blister, cause your feet to swell, or cause you to just plain give up and sit down! One shoe!

I could go on and on, and might on another day, but you may want to think about this quote today. After all, our God is looking for balance and endurance.He is looking for someone who is not 'limping' between two opinions. He is looking for someone who knows that He is God and who will willingly walk in His ways. He is waiting to answer our prayer "Shod my feet, oh Lord, with the preparation of the gospel of peace. You are my solid foundation!"

Well, I must get my shoes on and get busy. The decorating awaits.






Comments

TrashTidBits said…
Shoes are very important for people working in the garbage field.

One time I was inspecting an open dump and all of sudden I heard a crunch at the bottom of my foot. I looked down to find that I had just stepped on a 4 inch nail that was sticking straight through a board. The nail was all bent after I stepped on it. My steel shank shoe protected me from the intrusion of the nail. Come to think about it, when I shod my feet with the peace of the gospel and the rest of God's armor, I'm protected from the enemy's intrusion in my life.
I also think that pearl of wisdom applies in this way:

something so small, so unimportant by itself (who needs just ONE shoe?) can be the very thing to launch us into a new direction.

I think I'll "selah" on that for a it!
um...that would be a "bit", not an "it" !
Anonymous said…
Interesting.
I always purchase good shoes (for me that means comnfortable, not fancy), for that very reason---balance.
Great decorating. The apartment looks very comfortable and inviting.

Michele

Popular Posts