TAKING YOUR MIND CAPTIVE






"In Acts 12:6-8, when Peter was in prison, he was told to dress himself, or put on his mantle and follow Him! Let me remind you that Peter was in prison, in chains and well- guarded. I am sure he could have looked around and thought, “Why should I (or how could I) put on my mantle and my sandals when I still have chains around my ankles and that armed guard is still staring me in the face?" But at some point he must have realized in his that in his heart, the process of life was tying him up and his focus on that was hindering him from putting on what prepares and protects. So in spite of the odds, the chains, the bars, and the guards, he took his mind captive (tied up the hindering thoughts) and put on his sandals and his mantle, in obedience to the command of the Angel of the Lord. And while his known world rocked, literally, he walked out of his prison!"

The 2nd miracle was that he walked out of the prison.  The first miracle was that he was able to tie up his thoughts long enough to focus on Jesus, and follow commands outside of his own ability.

Comments

Popular Posts