Cornered Circumstance and Moving On

   Just wondering: Anyone out there in "Blog World" have any circumstances going on? Anyone out there in Blog City, living in a fog? Any struggles, trials, or seemingly uncrossable rivers?

Of course, I know the answer. We are all bogged down under the weight of circumstances. Our lives are made up of them, and if we aren't strategic in our focus, we might even allow our progress to be stopped by them.

This morning, I was musing back to the early eighties when I named our women's ministry "Arising to Excellence". The Lord had spoken very clearly to my heart about Isaiah 60:1-3.

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."

Obviously, I had been walking through some adverse circumstances, and struggling to see my way out. Some of them I've walked through, and some are still present in my life. But I've learned that if I am ever to arise to the excellence He has for me, then I must arise above my circumstances. And we are living in a day when 'nations' will come to His light in us, and yes, even kings will look on in amazement as the church arises out of the dung.

 However, there are still  'yesterdays'...like the one I just had yesterday...when I am again so bombarded by circumstance, that I must, 'of necessity', seek God for 'todays'...like this one, this morning, with a reminder that I shall not be defeated. For "there is a highway" for me to walk on, above the circumstances. I will press on to see and follow His steps to arise to excellence.

You see, creation must never question His Lordship. We must learn to ever lean, ever obey, and ever praise. Our fears must always bow to our faith in Him.

Ps. 94:19
"When the cares of my heart are many, thy consolations cheer my soul."

I am so thankful for His consolations. I am so thankful that He stooped to raise me up! In spite of the cares, the circumstances of my life, I am cheered by simply adjusting my focus to Him.   It really is true: Joy does not depend upon circumstance. Like the song says, "It may look like I'm surrounded, but I surrounded by you." (Elyssa Smith)

Is. 66:13 and 14
"As one whom His mother comforts, so I will comfort you; You shall be comforted in Jerusalem; you shall see and your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like the grass; and it shall be known that the hand of the Lord is with his servants and his indignation is against his enemies."

Is. 54:10
"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed says the Lord, who has compassion on you."

Ah ha! I shall once again arise and go forth and leave my circumstances cut down to size and cowering in the corner!

Maybe I'll go shoe shopping...and look for pointy toes...the kind that my dad says can kill cockroaches in the corner.  Shoes would be a good memorial stone...to remind me to keep them (every adverse circumstance in my life) in the corner!  Any excuse for shoe shopping! Right ladies?! Maybe we should gang up on the enemy and all go together.  Now I hear you!!

Comments

Popular Posts