Let Be

I was reading Psalms 46 this morning, from the Amplified version. In this version, it says: “Let be and be still, know, recognize and understand that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.” Ps. 46:10

“Let be”…interesting words. Lord, teach me how to ‘let be’. Even the natural, right now, that is such a hard lesson for me. If I see something that should be done, I am often, bending, picking it up, moving it, rearranging, or whatever, knowing full well, I will suffer later. I know that with my back limitations, I have no business lifting, and with that knowledge, I have moved mammoth furniture to pick up some small item left under it.

I wrestle with the same problem in the spiritual. Change is coming. I see things on the horizon. Something needs done, must be accomplished, and in my strength, I want to do it. Now. There it is. I don’t know how to ‘let be’. I really don’t think that I would have a problem with the “let God” problem, if I could just learn the let be part.

Oh God, help me to learn that in the letting be and being still, I will be able to hear, recognize and know that You are God. Ah yes. My God. The only true God. The one who moves mountains, separates waters, and changes nations in a day! Forgive me, Lord. I want to ‘let be’. And I do know that you will order my steps, open doors, and lead me in the way I should go. It is the mental stillness or letting be that I must learn. I am so thankful that my life, including what I do not see, is in Your hands. Be exalted in my life today! Amen

“God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early.” Ps. 46:5

Comments

TrashTidBits said…
Hey Sue,
Great first post. I look forward to reading many more from you.

Popular Posts