Sunshine on Ma Toes Makes Me Happy

Now don't get too religious on me. I know what true happiness is and who it comes from. I'm just telling you...Today, I'm lovin the feelin of 'heat on my feet'.


I have piles of work waiting just inside the door, and even deadlines that must be met yet today. But when I walked through this patio just a few minutes ago, something just fell on me. Sun on my toes, here I come!


I quickly brewed a pot of my favorite Hazelnut coffee and grabbed my Bible, notebook and pen and headed for my enclosed patio. And here I sit..shoes off...yes, pant legs rolled up...just baskin...lovin it!


Feb. 29th and 88 degrees! Oh, perhaps we should have a moment of silence. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in less desirable climates. Close your eyes with me. Perhaps you can imagine the warmth. Ohhhhhh...but this feels good!


Last week, I donned my sandals a time or two. I knew it would soon be warm enough for sun on my toes. There is something so soothing, so relaxing, about this. The best part of a pedicure is soaking in that warm foamy water. AhAhhhh. I just love this feeling of heat to the feet. This is my moment.

I remember as a child, walking the warm sands of Michigan's Sleepy Bear Dunes. Ooooh! And yes, sometimes my feet can get too hot too. At the dunes, we'd stop and bury our feet for just a few minutes in the cool sand just under the surface. At night, sometimes you'll find my toes sticky out from under the edge of the blanket for a cool breathe. But for right now, I am so happy to have sun on my toes!


Ummm. Yes, Lord. I am reminded too, that your Word surrounds me, covers me, protects me and encourages me. And that your "Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (Psalms 119:105) May I always be drawn to the comfort of staying in and enjoying your guiding light. Thank you for this moment with you in the sun. Amen.

O.K. Coffee cup is drained, work is calling, and time marches on. Oh, and I promise to briefly lift my cold New York and Pennsylvania friends in prayer. Seriously, May our Morning Light dawn on your hearts and homes.

Comments

TrashTidBits said…
It was -20 in NNY when you were enjoying 88.

We in NNY were truly enjoying the weather yesterday. It was 58 and sunny. The snow is melting :), but there is a big storm headed our way tomorrow. I guess it will be little longer until we get to experience 88.
TrashTidBits said…
I made the modification to your blog that we talked about yesterday. It is working.
Anonymous said…
Hello! Laura just told me you started blogging! What great posts, Sue! Please keep writing, I am excited to read more. I have been so encouraged by your book! Thank you for sharing what God has put on your heart. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Jodelle
Anonymous said…
Sue,
At this point the blistering heat of 88 degrees sounds appealing...even to me.
Michele

Popular Posts