Walk Through the Wall…

of my heart, Lord. Walk through the wall of my heart.

Have you ever stood and laid your hand on the outside of a door to pray for a person on the inside? Now, come on…be honest. I am sure that I am not the only mother who has done this before. And at the risk of everyone thinking that I might be a little crazy, I must admit that I have done it many more times than once! 

Many of those times were probably in the turmoil of my son’s late teens. I remember one particular day of stress when I was in my study, with both my hands pressed firmly against the wall separating the study and the bathroom. I couldn’t touch him, but I knew that God could. My son was in the shower, and I was in a closet all of my own…my prayer closet! “Go through this wall, Lord. Touch him now. Let him hear you…see you! Touch him today!

How like Thomas we are! Each in our own little world, our own little way, wanting to see Him! Needing to see the scars. Longing for just a little proof that He is really there. Without seeing Him, we can wonder if He really knows. We might find ourselves questioning His love for us, or whether He really died…for ‘me’!

Last night, I was thinking about the walls of our own making. The ones we unknowingly  put up that keep Him out. Sometimes I am not sure that I can even identify those barriers in my life. I am just so thankful that He is accustomed to walking through walls!

Lord, walk through the walls of my heart today! Whatever walls I have put up that keep me from hearing you, knowing you, and seeing you! Today,Lord, I ask you to walk through the walls of my heart.

“My beloved is like a gazelle, or a young stag. Behold, there He stands behind our wall, gazing in at the windows, looking through the lattice. My beloved speaks and says to me ‘Arise…and come away.’”     Song of Solomon 3:9-210

Comments

Popular Posts