I'm Listening, Lord

I awoke early. I am away from home and have set aside this day just to listen for my Lord's voice and accomplish what He wills. I love waking up early on mornings like this. It is as if I live in a different world and all my problems and distractions are somehow locked up at home. I am anxious to stretch my body awake and grab my Bible and journal.

"Good morning, Lord! I'm listening." And then, as clearly as if He was sitting beside me (because He is, you know):

Stand therefore

And having done all, stand

You have need of strength for the journey

I am your strength

Do not shrink back

But press in

Dig deep

Hold on

You have need of endurance

Persevere as a good soldier

The battle is the Lord's

He is your mighty victor

And He fights for you, on your behalf

What can mere man do

Stand therefore

And see the salvation of the Lord!

Yes, I will arise and go forth in your strength, O Lord. In your name we have the victory.

"As for me, I will sing about your strength;

I will praise your loyal love in the morning.

For you are my refuge

and my place of shelter when I face trouble.

You are my source of strength! I will sing praises to you!

For God is my refuge, the God who loves me."

Ps. 59:16-17



Comments

Popular Posts