Your Personal Invitation

Mine came by Facebook...
After simmering (thoroughly cooking slowly) through several over 100 degree summer days, my husband installed a misting system on our patio. What a difference it has made. Texas summers birth lonely patios. And ours had been downright desolate. It's amazing how a small mist of water can cool, refresh, and bring life to lifeless Texas patios.
It was just a few days after the installation of our misting system when I received my invitation. My morning routine starts the minute I crawl out of bed with reading a morning devotional delivered by email from Anne Graham Lotz. I usually get out of bed, pick up my Blackberry, turn off my alarm, and read the devotional. Then, of course, I check the Blackberry for other messages. And there it was...my personal invitation...on Facebook:
"Meet me on the patio."
hubby
My heart thrilled. What could be better? Morning coffee and a few quiet moments with the love of my life first thing in the morning! (That was the morning he also gave me my traditional 'first rose bud of the year' off his bush.)
This personal invitation to get up and join my husband on the patio reminded me of the personal invitation we have from our Lord in Song of Solomon 2:10:
"My lover spoke to me, saying:
“Arise, my darling; My beautiful one,
come away with me!"
I really don't get into this Facebook stuff much. I read the messages, and once in a great while, write a little comment. But I really don't understand much of the workings. Was my personal invitation read by all my husband's friends? I know that there is a way to keep something from being seen by all, but I do not know how, and I do not know if he did it. I only know that the 'gang' did not come to the patio.
And this I know: My Lord's invitation in Song of Solomon was written to everyone. Everyone who cares to read His love letters has unlimited access. Yet His invitation is very personal. And if you respond, your heart will thrill within you...nothing could be better than those moments in His presence alone! Your Lord and Lover! And you can know His love, feel His touch, and hear His voice...if you answer the invitation.
"I am my beloved’s,
and he desires me!"
Song of Sol. 7:10

Comments

Laura said…
What a wonderful way to start your day. Wow!! Now you have two ways to begin your mornings: coffee by the lake or on the patio.
nymrsb said…
Laura was telling me about the misters. I think the only ones around here are those in the produce section, which seem to be perfectly timed to go on just as I'm reaching for the lettuce!
Very refreshing post(pun intended).
I came upon your blog and after reading it, I've decided that I need to tell you that I was in Dallas last week and the weather didn't rise much above 80 degrees. I think our Heavenly Father had a hand in that! Anyway, as it has rained nearly every day here in Madrid, MY all summer, they accused (or blessed) me for bringing the wet weather with me! I had a grand time with a friend there, as I'd done last year.
God bless you on your patio! My apartment is cool all the time, as I live in the ground floor of Bill and Nancy now. Take care. Love, Jean

Popular Posts