Blind Sided by a Garbage Truck

It is interesting how our little day to day trails lead us. The other day, in my moment of utter frustration my sister sent me the article "The Law of the Garbage Truck". It hit home and so I posted it on my blog. Thought it might hit home to you too. That night I got a comment on my blog from Chris, who works for the man who wrote the original "Law of the Garbage Truck". (Check it out: bewareofgarbagetrucks.com) It is excellent!
Wow! To think that someone I don't know, actually read that little ole blog, from little ole me, sitting in little ole here. Recently, I realized that my book "Designed for Destiny" is now in five countries and many states! Just 6 months after publication! To think that something said by little ole me could go that far. The possible power of influence that each of us hold is simply amazing!
Back to garbage trucks. Recently, while out running my errands, I was nearly blind sided by a garbage truck. I was sitting at a stop sign, ready to pull out and make a left hand turn. The enormous blue front loading monster was slowly plodding toward me with its right turn signal blinking. What was I to think? I assumed that he would turn in beside me as I pulled out. I let my foot off the brake and just in time slammed it on again, as he laughed, shut off his blinker, and sped in front of me! Thank God that I saw him! Thank God that my brake worked! I thought about how little I was compared to how big he was. Yet because I was awake and quick, (and most of all had Jesus on my side), I avoided being blind sided!
In the season we are living in, there is a truck load of garbage coming at us! Deception is on the rise! Many of you have heard me talk about some of the feminism, the 'oprahnology' and the other trash that is plastered on every form of media known to man! The trash trucks these days are definitely bigger and better. But let us never forget, though we may be smaller, we have what it takes. We have Who it takes! The devil's best shrinks and shrivels in the face of Jesus Christ. We must only remain awake, watchful and obedient and we will not be blind sided by the devil's biggest load of trash.
Luke 21:36/ I Thess. 5:6-9

Comments

TrashTidBits said…
I love all the talk about garbage trucks. Of course, I'm a little partial since I have two in my fleet of vehicles. I certainly am thinking differently now, though, when I see them out on the road.

I have always said to my staff that we don't need to present ourselves like we work in garbage, but that we need to be professional and project a positive image to the community. I'm sorry that more garbage gurus like us don't have that same approach.

See you later tonight.

Popular Posts