One APP and Only One

I just can't help it. I don't want one.

The more APPs they brag of, the less I want one. Without even mentioning a name, you know exactly what I am talking about. No, not Advanced Placement Programs, not an Accredited Purchasing Practioner, not the Association of Professional Piercers, and certainly not our Absolute Power Production.

Some of them brag of hundreds of APPs, even though there are really only 9 pages of 16 visible and the rest have to be stored in memory. If you can imagine it...you guessed it...they've got an APP for it. When my son got one, he proudly announced, "Look mom, there's an APP for finding a bathroom and you can choose 'stand up' or 'sit down'! You think I'm kidding? Oh no! There is a flashlight APP, a shopping APP, an APP for the weather, a calculator APP, a Road Trip, a Mating Call APP and one for Sun Seekers. There's a Chinese Dictionary APP and since the language consists of 47,000 characters, and 2,000 of them are needed just to read a page in the newspaper, that APP could prove helpful in China. But then there are wierd APPs like Trapster, Sygic, Dropbox, Shazam, Echofon, MiniGore, Yammer, and IRdesktop, which you probably need an APP to understand what they are. But be careful. If you try to use too many APPs from your memory you could encounter a total freeze up, or a complete crash.

No matter where you are, you are sure to have a friend reach into pocket or purse and instantly start a loving rhythm of finger petting the screen as if it were a new breed of miniature pet. And don't get me wrong. Everyone to their own! I'm not angry or jealous, it is just hard for me to understand, as the spread of these mini gadgets is engulfing the globe, how what is stress and confusion to me, can be a tool to widen the horizon for my neighbor.

As for me, there's one APP, and only one, that I could not live without. But you know what is so wonderful? That APP really covers it all! In fact, for over 2000 years, around the world, it has been proven, without a doubt, salvation and deliverance, direction and protection, knowledge and wisdom and power, hope and health, provision and restoration, love, comfort, peace, strength, joy, and everything you need comes through this one APP. The only one. The precious blood of Jesus!

In the day to day rush of your career, business, and schedule, you may love the gadgets and the ever increasing possibilities they give you, but never, never forget the power in the simpleness of One APP and only One!

"Then they shall take some of the blood, and apply it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the house...The blood shall be a sign for you, upon the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you and no plague shall fall upon you to destroy you..."  Ex. 12: 7 and 12

"In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us." Eph. 1:7

Comments

Popular Posts